Fordham Dermatology provides expert dermatological care for adults, adolescents and children. A wide variety of factors including environmental conditions, allergies, viruses, bacteria and more can cause chronic and acute skin diseases and conditions. Trained at top academic medical institutions, our physicians and physicians assistants are skilled at diagnosing and treating dermatological problems for all members of the family.
- Acne Treatment- We are expert at treating acne which can occur at any age. For the best treatments available, consult with our physicians to develop a program best suited for your specific skin and condition. Specialized treatments include:
- Topical treatments
- Oral contraceptives
- Laser and light therapy
- Cosmetic procedures
- Acne scar treatment
- Clinical Drug Trials - Our office conducts pre-market clinically approved FDA drug studies in cooperation with national pharmaceutical companies. You may qualify for enrollment and could receive free medication; free medical office visits and often receive a cash stipend for completing the study. You must meet specific requirements to enroll and these vary study to study. Details are available from our medical providers or our staffs study coordinator.
- Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention - Skin cancer prevention is a priority at Fordham Dermatology. Skin cancer remains the most common cancer in this country – but early detection, prompt treatment and proactive preventive care can significantly reduce incidence and improve outcome. We recommend regular total body skin exams for all patients and we also recommend specialized sunscreen products that provide the best possible UVA/UVB sunscreen protection.
- Vein Therapy- There are many options for treatment of uncomfortable and unsightly varicose veins. Treatment results are remarkably positive for most patients. At FordhamDermatology we offer a variety of cutting-edge treatments designed to give you quick and permanent relief from spider and varicose veins.
- Eczema – Eczema can be embarrassing and uncomfortable. Our physicians will help you control the symptoms of eczema with the appropriate treatments for your condition and skin type.
- Fungal Infections – Fungal infections, which affect over 10% of the populations each year, are highly treatable with proper diagnosis and care.
- Psoriasis - There are many effective treatments available, in the form of medication or in-office treatment. Depending on the type of psoriasis you have, our physicians will prescribe the appropriate regime for your skin and condition.
- Rocasea – Although there is no way to eliminate rosacea altogether, signs and symptoms can be relieved and reduced. Most often this requires a combination of prescription treatments and certain self-care measures. The Fordham Dermatology staff will develop a regime to treat your specific condition.
- Warts - There are several effective treatments available to aid in controlling the virus that causes warts. Appropriate treatment depends on location and size. Make an appointment to discuss your treatment options with the medical providers at Fordham Dermatology.
- Hyperhydrosis (Excessive Perspiration) – New methods for controlling hyperhydrosis are available, including the use of Botox and medications. Our staff will work with you to determine the best treatment to alleviate this condition.